Building on the successful Teaching Care Homes Pilot Programme, Care England, in partnership with the Foundation of Nursing Studies (FoNS) and the Burdett Trust for Nursing, is delighted to announce that it is recruiting a further 5 care homes to the programme.
Teaching care homes demonstrate an ongoing commitment to person-centred care and ways of working, which will be experienced by all who live, die, visit and work in the home. They are centres for learning, practice development and research, actively engaging with staff, students, residents and the community. They have strong working relationships with academic and education providers and are a resource for other care homes.
The programme involves:
- Three representatives from each home, the Home Manager, a Registered Nurse and a Care Worker will be the leads from each home (all care homes welcome)
- Six workshop days focusing on person-centredness, leadership and team-working, developing positive learning environments, innovation and improvement - dates between March 2018 and February 2019
- Mentorship and on-site support from a FoNS Practice Development Facilitator to support the home to work on a specific area of improvement
- A small practice improvement bursary
- Organisational sponsorship is required/essential
For further information and an application pack, please visit: https://www.fons.org/programmes/care-sector/teaching